This Page

has been moved to new address

Tough Mudder Arizona

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: Tough Mudder Arizona

Friday, January 27, 2012

Tough Mudder Arizona



We hosted several friends for Arizona's Tough Mudder. I just had to make Tough Mudder cookies, even though there is absolutely no connection between this crazy tough guy obstacle course and cookies. I tried to use their logo as inspiration,

a man running through fire. I used a really thick royal icing for the orange fire. The green was too thin and the little cacti look like they are melting. This icing is so challenging I keep coming back for more. I liked the way the Saguaro Cacti came out. I had some prickly pear cacti cookies cut out, they made me so mad I ate them while I was decorating. My piping handwriting is up to speed with my regular handwriting. Maybe I should take calligraphy classes to make my cookies prettier. The team names were Bruised Cattle and Super Freaks. Everyone did great. I sort of felt left out limping alongside them all, but even in better shape I don't think I could deal with all the mud or cold water.

Here is another picture of a cookie:


That is one Ugly T, but this is the only closeup. I really really need to work on my cookie handwriting...

Here's a picture of Angie towards the end of the event


And here is Scott and the bruised cattle team at the finish


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 31, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Suz... you are amazing! You could start your own business making awesome cookies! And I could start my own business of trying to kill myself lol. Reyn, by the way, loves the hello kitty cookie. If i lived closer I'd buy some from you for her birthday next week!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Suz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 31, 2012 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Suz said...

just make the hello kitty cookies!! u can call me 20 times along the way. i do ship w/in the fifty states, ;) i'm still trying to figure out blogging, sorry if i sent this twice

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home