This Page

has been moved to new address

Thrifty Thursday - Vintage Cookie Cutters from Estate Sales - Elephant Cookie Zebra Cookie, Seal Cookie, Camel Cookie & Alligator Cookie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: Thrifty Thursday - Vintage Cookie Cutters from Estate Sales - Elephant Cookie Zebra Cookie, Seal Cookie, Camel Cookie & Alligator Cookie

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Vintage Cookie Cutters from Estate Sales - Elephant Cookie Zebra Cookie, Seal Cookie, Camel Cookie & Alligator Cookie

I used some left-over royal icing to make these animal cookies for my nephew. Please note, the Alligator is completely wrong, I would have added green texture but was completely out of thicker icing and too tired to thicken what I had. Same problem with the seal, I used left-over icing and only had thin flooding icing.

The goal of this project was to see how these cookie cutters would work. I think they are great, and with the right shapes decorating is very easy.

Do you want to know the best part about these cookie cutters? I found them at an estate sale for 10 cents each. I love the simplicity of the lines on these and the size. Just as our portions have grown, so have our cookie cutters!! Some of the animal cutters I have seen online are close to 5 inches! These are perfect, barely three inches.

So go hunt for cookie cutters and estate sales or yard sales, and someday we may share an episode of hoarders.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM , Blogger carrolls.cookies said...

The shape of the elephant is my fav! I agree about size. I bake for little ones who don't need a five inch monstrous cookie. Good things come in smaller packages . . . And from estate sales.

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Suz said...

Thanks for looking! I need farm animals and found some old ones on ebay. Again some of them are either too big or too small. :)

 
At April 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM , Blogger SweetSugarBelle said...

Lucky you!!! Great find!!!

 
At April 14, 2012 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Suz said...

Thanks for looking!! We live close to Sun City, one of the nations largest retirement communities, so there are estate sales all the time. kind of sad, but back in the day i think everyone made shaped cookies.
I need to search your blog to see if you have ever had luck with the really thin, 1/8 inch cutters. I have some of those, just because I can't pass them up - but may just use them for hand-cutting.
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home