This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple and cute Halloween Cookies Decorated with Royal Icing - My first attempt, Fall 2011

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: Simple and cute Halloween Cookies Decorated with Royal Icing - My first attempt, Fall 2011

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Simple and cute Halloween Cookies Decorated with Royal Icing - My first attempt, Fall 2011

My first attempt Decorating with Royal icing - I was instantly hooked!

This doesn't belong here. I've just been in the mood for Halloween. Not the cookies and the costumes, just Halloween cookies. I think they are my favorite cookies of the year. Nothing fancy (that would be weird) just fun ideas, the crazier the better.

These were the first I did last Fall and I became hooked on decorating with Royal Icing. I bought a bag of meringue powder and some sanding sugar months earlier but I put it off for months. I've been decorating the simple knife and buttercream frosting for a long time, but there is something so nice about the smooth surface of a cookie decorated with royal icing.

Second royal icing attempt (the kids did all but the spider cookie)

So that was October, post St. George Marathon injury. I finished the 26.2 in 3:57 (I think...) and I was happy with the results, but I have not been able to run comfortably since. Maybe it's from the hours sitting, decorating, looking at pinterest. The sign up for St. George Marathon 2012 is coming up soon... is anyone reading this going to put their name in for the 'lottery?' Should I take a break from cookie-ing and train for another full marathon????
Oh ya, as my sister Cathy says, 'people don't read anymore.'

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home