This Page

has been moved to new address

Superman Cookies with royal icing using Kopykake 300XK

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: Superman Cookies with royal icing using Kopykake 300XK

Friday, February 24, 2012

Superman Cookies with royal icing using Kopykake 300XK

Superman Cookie decorated with Royal Icing

Superman Cookies were really easy to make with the KopyKake. I didn't have a cookie cutter so I found the image, printed it out and cut out the shape using the dough cutter. For info on making a shape with out a cookie cutter look at this post where I made the ballerina cookie shape using clipart.
Piping with my hand at an angle to avoid shadows

I placed the same image into the projector and used it to pipe a black outline. I want everyone to think I'm some great artist but I'm not. I just followed the lines. The image appears slighlty fuzzy and this would not work in bright light. I had to get used to piping at every angle because your hand creates shadows under the projector.

All Done piping lines

Now let the outline dry, for at least 20 minutes, maybe even overnight.

Can someone say storage hazard?? You can see Becca working hard in the corner.

The technology on this thing is a little 1970s, but it works.

Now the fun part, filling in the colors. Do not under fill or you will get craters when it dries. I did not add enough yellow, see below the craters?

I made the red icing two days in advance and patiently waited for the dark pink to turn into red. I started with deep pink and then added Americolor Tulip Red.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Carries Creations said...

These are awesome!!

 
At March 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Suz said...

Thanks Carrie! My 3 yr old loved having super hero cookies :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home