This Page

has been moved to new address

How to make Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: How to make Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cookies

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to make Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cookies

I really like how this one came out.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cookies, drawn on then outlined with royal icing

My sister Becca is the one that put this cookie in my head. And once I have a cookie in my head I feel all antsy until I get it done. Becca, no more great ideas!! We were talking about how I'm making too many cookies that I like, and not as many that my kids like. We thought of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. I love those books and movies. A kids' first book with some realistic themes.

Here we go... start with Lilaloa's Chocolate cookie recipe, or whatever favorite rolled cookie you prefer. I personally think the chocolate creates a nice framed effect.

Find some rectangular or square cookie cutters and cut your shapes. These are cookies, and we're just going to eat these so don't stress here!

Outline and flood with royal icing. You can find out a lot about this from Sweetsugarbelle. Someday I'll write all about it. Maybe not, she's done such a great job! I use a thin icing for the flooding because I just like a little bit of icing on my cookies.

make the lines

I let these dry about 12 hours before I put the design on. I first used my dough cutter as a ruler and made blue lines for the notebook paper look. Next, I used the Kopykake projector to draw the characters. I really really wish I could draw, I even found some great tutorials by the author of this book on how to draw his characters. I still need a lot of practice so I used the kopykake.

Get out the kopykake 300xk
I used and AmeriColor Gourment Writer to trace under the projector

Are we having fun yet?

I thought they looked great just drawn on, but wanted to see what it would look like if I added royal icing around the lines. Can you even tell a difference? Which do you prefer. Wait, according to my sister Cathy no one reads anymore. Enjoy the photos.

With this cookies the images are just drawn on.

These ones were just drawn on, I think these are great as is, but you don't get the 3-D effect. So now you know how to make a Diary of a Wimpy Kid Cookie. If you don't have the Kopykake just start doodling. These were really really fun. The kids fought over cookie #4. With this cookies the images are just drawn on. If you are going to use black icing please make it a couple days in advanced so it's not super-saturated with dyes.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At March 8, 2012 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Mommymita said...

These are really funny! My boys would love them

btw - the girls say this is their favorite blog

 
At March 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for dropping by the cookies! Alan was actually disappointed that he had a half day today and couldn't bring his cookie in his lunch to show off. --In the pictures you can't tell the difference but the 3D looks much cooler in person.

 
At March 8, 2012 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Suz said...

The keep for a while so if he can wait! I'm glad they liked them. We'll have to come VTing soon

 
At March 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Suz said...

Have your boys seen the movies? it will make them happy they don't have to suffer through public school. the characters are so funny. we try to make the kids alternate books like this with books with more words.
Tell the girls I'll send them something really special :)

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Blogger monik said...

I love it!!:D

 
At April 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Suz said...

Thanks for looking!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home