This Page

has been moved to new address

Thrifty Thursday (so clever...) My favorite Cookie decorating tool

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sweets by Suz: Thrifty Thursday (so clever...) My favorite Cookie decorating tool

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thrifty Thursday (so clever...) My favorite Cookie decorating tool


Have you ever seen these before? Poultry lacing sets from one of my all-time favorite stores, the 99cent store. And, no I don't use them for Poultry, I use them for decorating cookies with royal icing. They work for just about everything a toothpick or erasing stick can do but have such a teeny tiny tip, almost like a needle. I love using this when my decorating tips get dry. I also use them to make lines neat, remove air bubbles, get icing into small spaces. They are better for the environment and cleaner than a regular toothpick (reusable, non-porous, etc.) I like to keep a pile of them next to me when I decorate and use a lot of them knowing they can be washed and sanitized later. I just bought three packs because I'm worried they won't be there much longer as we get further away from the holidays. Happy Thursday!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Loren @ The Baking Sheet said...

I use them too! And they are great for cake decorating too...marking lace points, popping air bubbles under fondant, removing gum paste from tiny cutters. Great minds think alike! :o)

 
At March 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Suz said...

And i thought i was so clever... ha ha... I just got Julia Usher's cookie book and she has it listed as a standard tool. It's kind of fun figuring this all out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home